Posted by: edc on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 02:45 PM
Formula 500 Constructors Series presented by, Novakar, QRE, Red Devil, Scorpion, Sidewinder, TR1, Jondal Machine, F500.org and Vertical Curve Racing
F500 Constructors Series
Format & Rules
1. The F500 Constructors Series will be run in conjunction with these
scheduled SCCA races:
May 25-27 - Great Salt Race at Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT June 2-3 - Road Atlanta National, Atlanta, Ga June 22-24 - The June Sprints at Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI August 18-19 - SCCA National at Heartland Park, Topeka,KS September 15-16, FCM F500 Challenge Cup Race Presented by Hoosier, with support from SUNOCO at Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen N.Y.
2. One F500 Constructor's Series winner will be determined by the
highest combined finishing points awarded for the 3 best out of the 5 Series weekends. Which means two weekend's point totals will be dropped. Series positions are based on the F500 Constructor's Series points system and Tie Breaker Rules.
3. Points will follow the SCCA National Point system. With the
addition that all finishers 9th and above will score 1 point.
All other finishers 1pt
4. For double race weekends the SCCA points structure will be used
with both days point totals "averaged". For example for first and third finishes; 12+7/2 = 9.5 points.
5. F500 Constructor's Series Registration is automatic with the SCCA
Event Registration process.
6. No additional entry fee is required for F500 Constructor's Series entrants.
7. The F500 Constructor's Series races will be scored and run within
the normal "Race Grouping" for F500 Class as designated by the individual SCCA Event Supps.
8. The F500 Constructor's Series races will adhere to all rules and
conditions as stated in the current SCCA, GCR and the individual Race Supps.
9. After last Series race of each weekend, the Contingency Awards
distribution will take place at the Team Novakar Trailer.
10. After the last race of the FCM F500 Challenge Cup weekend ALL
entrants will be held in parc ferme for the F500 Constructor's Series Prize Money and Contingency Awards distribution.
11. The F500 Constructor's Series random drawings will occur at this time.
12. Driver's eligible for payouts but not in attendance will have
their checks mailed to them.
13. Decisions by the F500 Constructor's Series Committee will be final.
14. Any questions regarding F500 Constructor's Series competition
• Jeff Jorgenson,
• Phone: 408-582-3890 or E-mail: - email@example.com
• Steve Jondal, Jondal Machine
• Phone: 715-247-3009
16. F500 Constructor's Series Committee:? Jeff Jorgenson,
17. WebMaster:Ted Rudolph, Rudolph Brothers' Racing:
18. Series registration links:?Great Salt Race - http://www.utahscca.com/
Road Atlanta National - http://www.atl-scca.org
June Sprints - http://www.junesprints.com/
Topeka National - http://www.kcrscca.org/?FCM F500 Challenge Cup - www.flr-scca.com or www.nescca.com.
19. Race results and series standings will be published on the F500 Constructors' website - www.f500constructors.com
20. Have fun!
Tie Breaker Rules
First Tie Breaker
Most Race Victories, Most 2nd place finishes, Most 3rd places finishes, Etc... until tie is broken.
Second Tie Breaker
Head-to-Head Qualifying. For example: If Steve out-qualified me twice and I out-qualified him once during the series then he would win the tie-breaker 2-1.
Formula 500 Constructors Series Payoff:
1st $450, Set of 4 Custom wheels
2nd $300, Exhaust Pipe
Plus Five $50 Random prizes
Prize money for each race:
Great Salt Race, Miller Motorsports Park
5/25-27 Points Only
SCCA National, Road Atlanta
6/2-4 Points Only
June Sprints Vertical Curve Racing
6/22-24 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
SCCA National, Heartland Park
8/18-19 1st 150, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
FCM F500 Challenge Cup presented by Hoosier, Watkins Glen
9/15-16 1st 150, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
All event information and rules for this inaugural Formula 500 race series will be published next week on the Series website - www.f500constructors.com
For more information regarding this press release, please contact:
E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org